Applications Open for 2019 Science and Innovation Awards!
Deadline: 12 October 2018
Grant applications are now open for the 2019 Science and Innovation Awards for Young People in Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
The Science and Innovation Awards for Young People in Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (the Science Awards program) is a competitive, annual grants program to support young people aged between 18 and 35 years (the applicant) to undertake a project on an innovative or emerging scientific issue, including biophysical and social sciences, that will contribute to the ongoing success and sustainability of Australia’s agricultural, fisheries and forestry industries. The Science Awards program is targeted at innovators, early career researchers, scientists and others to recognize big ideas from young rural innovators that will contribute to the success of Australia’s agriculture sector.
The Science Awards program aims to encourage science, innovation and technology in rural industries and help to advance the careers of young scientists, researchers and innovators through national recognition of their research ideas.
The Awards aim to:
- assist primary producers to develop more competitive, technologically adaptive and self reliant industries
- advance the careers of successful applicants through national recognition and funding of their research ideas
- encourage participation and uptake of science, innovation and technology in rural industries
- attract innovative research proposals that will lead to longer term innovation in the sector
- improve the connection between research and on-farm application with practical benefit.
- Each award (grant) will be for a maximum of $22,000 (GST inclusive).
- Successful applicants are expected to complete their project within 12 months of entering the grant agreement.
In the Science Awards program, a project is defined as a specific body of work which demonstrates innovation in scientific or technological approach or process and:
- is related to a significant, long standing or emerging issue in an agriculture, fisheries or forestry related industry (including food and sustainable natural resource management) and
- demonstrates dedication to the future of rural and regional industries with a commitment to promoting science and innovation as an integral part of that future.
- Applications are open to young people between 18 and 35 years, who are working, employed or studying in an agriculture, fisheries or forestry related industry (including food and sustainable natural resource management) in Australia. Applicants may include young producers (farmers, fishers, foresters etc), scientists and researchers, extension officers, students or industry advisers.
- To be eligible, applicants must meet all the requirements below:
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive) by the closing date for each round.
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents (proof is to be provided) by the closing date for each round.
- be working, employed or studying in an agriculture, fisheries or forestry related industry (including food and sustainable natural resource management) in Australia. Proof such as a letter of employment, scholarship or current pay slip may be requested by the organizer if this information is not immediately discernible.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit 2018 Science and Innovation Awards.
L’article Applications Open for 2019 Science and Innovation Awards! est apparu en premier et en entier sur Concoursn.com.
Plus d’infos ? Rendez-vous sur concoursn